All areas of your home deserve to have great flooring! Consider adding durable, attractive, and affordable decorative concrete to your home’s garage and basement. Lasting for decades, requiring little maintenance, and offering unlimited creative options, concrete can be designed for any budget. It is also free of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), pet friendly, and can be heated with a radiant system.
Common Concrete Floor Problems in Basements and Garages
High levels of moisture and humidity can cause several issues with concrete in basements and garages, including:
- Cracks: Impacts, heavy foot traffic, moisture, and humidity can weaken a concrete slab, leading to minor cracks.
- Chipping: Severe impact or a weak concrete surface (often caused by humidity) can lead to unattractive and hazardous chipping. Chipping of the surface layer reveals pores, making the concrete more vulnerable to damage.
- Aesthetically Unappealing:Sometimes concrete is just plain ugly! Removing tile, linoleum, or carpet can leave difficult to remove grout and hardened glue. Plus, the dull grayish brown color of plain concrete is not very visually exciting.
Concrete Flooring Options
You have several concrete flooring options for your basement and garage that do not involve full slab removal and replacement:
- Epoxy: Durable and beautiful epoxy coatings are designed to withstand constant use, frequent impacts, and dramatic temperature fluctuations, giving any garage or basement a fresh new flooring that will look great for years to come. At Concrete Resurfacing we use top quality, affordably priced materials from Stardek (including the StarChip epoxy chip system) applied by our highly trained, certified installers.
- Acid Stain: Acid stains penetrate the surface of your concrete and chemically react with the hydrated lime to create unique color variations and appearances.
- Stencil / Stamped overlay: Stamped concrete is available in an ample range of colors and patterns. This technique starts with a thin layer (typically 1/4 to 5/8 inch) of concrete being applied to an existing slab which is then textured with a stamping tool to create the appearance of natural stone, tile, or brick.
Partner with the Professional Team at Concrete Resurfacing
At Concrete Resurfacing, we offer a variety of options for your basement and garage flooring. We can also revitalize your driveway, patio, walkway, and pool deck concrete, giving them new textures, colors, and styles that will simultaneously improve their look while enhancing the value of your property. Call us at 678-248-5154 with any questions you may have, to schedule an appointment, or to request a FREE written estimate