When it comes to home improvements, you want to make educated choices that will be aesthetically pleasing, cost-effective, and increase your home’s curb appeal. You may be looking for an easy way to extend your livable space, and that is when we suggest to look to the outdoors! With careful planning and design, walkways, driveways, courtyards, and backyard patios can all be tied together to create a cohesive look that represents your personal style and reflects the architectural style of your home. A stunning patio will create a remarkable impression, capture the attention of your guests, and create a spot for your family and friends to gather. A patio often becomes an outdoor living room, so you’ll want to weigh each design choice, starting at the bottom, the finished surface materials. Two common choices are stamped concrete and pavers. Here is why we believe that stamped concrete is a superior choice to pavers for your patio:
The Advantages of Stamped Concrete:
- A wide variety of patterns and colors are available and can be chosen to blend with other stone or tile elements, exposed aggregate finishes, and acid-etch staining at the residence.
- Complex designs incorporating steps, courtyards, and fountains can be achieved.
- Stamped concrete can achieve the attractive patterns associated with actual paving stone material by imitating the look of slate, flagstone, brick, stone, tile, and wood, for a fraction of the cost of the natural material.
- Colors can be hand blended on site in addition to the color that's added to the concrete mix.
- A sealer is to protect the concrete from weather elements
The Disadvantages of Pavers:
- Joint sand needs to be "topped off" every couple of years to prevent the growth of weeds, moss, and grass between the pavers.
- Dye lots can vary from pallet to pallet, resulting in unwanted color variations.
- If improperly installed, pavers can become uneven by settling and moving over time, increasing the chances for a trip or fall.
- Pavers are more limited in color and pattern selections when compared to stamped concrete.
If you are ready to add the element of stamped concrete to your home, enlist the help of a professional. We would be happy to come to your home or business and provide you with a free, written estimate that will show how you can improve the look of your outdoor space with beautifully stamped concrete. Call 678-248-5154 today for your FREE estimate.